Total Pageviews

Monday, October 20, 2008

Some Quilting




Remembering this is a quilting blog I thought I really should put something in about quilting. First the Airplane quilts for my seven year old grandson Lucas. I will be putting plain blue blocks between the Airplanes.
In the third photo are strips from a jellyroll I bought at the LQS. For me like all kits or pre-cut fabrics are always a disappointment. To me picking the fabrics is the creative challenge of quilting. But this jelly roll caught my eye because of the colors, But alas after I got it home I realized it's Christmas fabrics. Curses! Don't get me wrong I think Christmas quilts are beautiful but... I just don't feel like I get enough use out of them. So I think I'll just make it a throw and give it as a Christmas gift.

No comments: