Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Traditions


What are your family's 4th of July traditions ? My sis and I were talking about this the morning of the fourth she was excited about going to a small town parade with her children and grandchildren. I told her I don't really care for parades. She said she not wild about parades either but it's so much fun to see the little children's excitement and she really enjoys that .
OK, I can see that would be fun but.... our kids all camp on the fourth and DH and I are not campers. Especially DH he's not an outdoors guy.
Our tradition - " do nothing" LOL
OK, OK I did make hot dogs, potato salad and baked beans and hung red,white and blue banners(see photo) across the front of the house. And when our kids were small we used to go to parades ,picnics and fireworks displays. But not much fun just the two of us so....we watched the movie Vantage Point (very good ) ate our hot dogs and listened to our neighbors set off illegal fireworks until two AM. LOL

No comments: